ClamAV Best Open Source Free Download Latest Version
Download ClamAV Best Open Source Free Latest Version
ClamAV is a free and open-source antivirus tool that detects trojans, viruses, malware, and other potentially hazardous programs. ClamAV is a free and open-source (GPL) antivirus tool for Windows systems that are used for email scanning, online scanning, and endpoint protection.
It includes a versatile and scalable multi-thread daemon, a command-line scanner, and a sophisticated automated database update tool. It′ features a multi-threaded scanner daemon, command-line utilities for doing on-demand file checks, and automated signature updates. It supports a variety of file types; signature languages, archive unpacking, and signature languages.
Access to software versions that are compatible with your operating system. ClamAV Antivirus is an open-source mail gateway scanning software standard.
Clam AntiVirus is an open-source (GPLv2) antivirus suite of tools intended primarily for email gateways. It includes a versatile and scalable multi-threaded daemon, a command-line scanner, and a sophisticated tool for automated database upgrades.
- ClamAV is intended to swiftly scan files.
- Real-time security (Linux only). Our covert scanning program is capable of scanning.
- Access to contemporary Linux distributions, including the option to restrict file access until the file is scanned.
- ClamAV identifies over one million viruses, worms, and Trojans, as well as Microsoft
- Office macro viruses, portable malware, and other threats.
- ClamAV Signature Book’s built-in secondary code translator enables the construction and deployment of very complicated detection processes while also improving remote scanner capability.
- Sendmail Milter interface.
- A sophisticated database updating tool that supports scheduled updates and digital signatures.
- Support for standard document formats such as MS Office, MacOffice, HTML, Flash, RTF, and PDF files is built-in.
- Scanner command-line
- The virus’s database is updated several times every day.
- ELF executables and portable executables packed using UPX / FSG, Petite / NsPack / wwpack32 / MEW / Upack / Opaque with SUE, Y0da Cryptor, and others have built-in support.
- All typical mail file types are supported natively.
ClamAV Free Open Source Download
- Many archive formats are built-in, including zip, RAR, DMG, Tar, Gzip, Bzip2, OLE2,
- Cabinet, CHM, BinHex, SIS, and others.
- Signed signature databases guarantee that only trustworthy signature definitions are used.
- ClamAV not only checks the contents of archives and zip files, but it also guards against archive bombs.
- Among the built-in archive extraction capabilities are:
- Zip (including sound effects)
- RAR (including sound effects)
- ARJ (including sound effects)
- Parsing of Windows executable files, generally known as portable executables (PE),
- is supported in both 32 and 64-bit versions, including PE files that are compressed or deformed with:
- ELF and Mach-O files are supported (32-bit and 64-bit)
- Almost all mail file types are supported.
- ClamAV Best Open Source Software for Free Download
- Other specific files/formats supported include:
- Language of programming.
- CryptFF and ScrEnc Uuencode TNEF encrypted files (winmail.dat)
- A sophisticated database updater that supports scheduled updates, digital signatures, and issuance queries.
- The database is based on DNS.
Clam AntiVirus is extremely platform-agnostic. We selected to test ClamAV using the two most current versions of Long Term Support (LTS) for each of the most common desktop operating systems because the development team cannot test every operating system. Operating systems are routinely evaluated.
Recommended system requirements
The clamscan or clamd and clamdscan binaries, together with the standard ClamAV database provided by Cisco, are the minimum recommended system requirements.
Minimum Recommended RAM:
- FreeBSD and Linux server version: 1 GB +
- Linux non-server version: 2 GB +
- Windows 7 & 10 32-bit: 2 GB +
- Windows 7 and 10 64-bit: 3 GB +
- MacOS: 3 GB +
Minimum Recommended CPU:
- FreeBSD and Linux systems: Single 2.0GHz + CPU
- Windows 7 and 10: 1 2.0GHz + CPU
- OSX: 2 2.0GHz + CPU
- The minimum available hard disk space is required.
📌 Please note: On computers that were not running any other programs, tests were carried out to identify the minimal requirements. If other programs are running on the system, extra resources than the specified minimum will be necessary.
✔️ ClamAV 5 GB of free space is required. In addition, each operating system’s recommended disc space.
- Category: Antivirus
Program name: ClamAV′
- License: Trial
- The latest version
- File size: 33.5 MB
- Core: 32/64-bit
- Operating systems: Windows 7, 8, 10, 11, and others
- Languages: Multilingual
- Developer: Cisco Systems, Inc
- Official website: clamav′.net
Download ClamAV Best Open Source Free
- 360 Total Security Free 2023 for Windows / Mac
- Adaware Antivirus Free Fast and Powerful
- Ashampoo Anti-Virus Free for Windows 32/64-bit
- Ashampoo Anti-Virus Powerful Protection
- Avast Premium Security Free for Windows
- AVG Rescue USB Free for Windows 32/64-bit
- Avira Free Antivirus for Windows 32/64-bit and Mac