Download FFmpeg Free Open Source for Windows, Mac & Linux
FFmpeg is the industry’s most powerful multimedia framework, capable of decoding, encoding, transcoding, muxing, demuxing, streaming, filtering, and playing almost anything. It supports the most complex old formats as well as the most recent technology.
It makes no difference whether it was created by a hobbyist, a community committee, or a company committee. The software compiles, runs, and passes the FATE test infrastructure in a variety of build environments, machine architectures, and configurations, including Linux / macOS / Microsoft Windows BSDs / Solaris.
It includes the libraries libavcodec, libavutil, libavformat, libavfilter/libavdevice, libswscale, and libswresample, which can be used by applications. In addition to ffmpeg / ffserver / ffplay / ffprobe, which end-users can use for transcoding, streaming, and playing.
- ffplay: a straightforward media player built on the SDL and FFmpeg libraries.
- ffmpeg is a command-line program that converts multimedia files between formats.
- ffprobe is a straightforward multimedia stream analyzer.
- ffserver: A streaming multimedia server for live broadcasting.
FFmpeg Libraries for Developers
- libavcodec: an audio/video codec decoder and encoder library.
- libavutil: A library of functions for making programming easier, including random number generators, data structures, math procedures, basic multimedia tools, and much more.
- libavfilter: A media filter library.
- libavformat: A library of removers and nuts for multimedia container formats.
- libswresample: A library that performs highly optimized audio resampling, resampling, and sample format conversions.
- libavdevice: A library of input and output devices for grabbing and displaying many popular I/O software frameworks, such as Video4Linux, Video4Linux2, VfW, and ALSA.
- libswscale: This is a library that performs highly optimized conversions to image size and color space/pixel format.
📌 Note: To decompress the archive, use WinRAR or 7-Zip.
- Program name: FFmpeg
- Category: Photos Editing Software
- License: Open Source
- File size: 39.39 MB
- Core: 32/64-bit
- Languages: Supports many languages
- Developed by: FFmpeg
- Official website: ffmpeg.org
Minimum System Requirements
Check for the following system resources while running the program
- Operating System: Windows 11/ 10 / 8.1 / 8 / 7 / Vista / XP / Mac, Linux, and others
- Memory (RAM): 2 GB or higher.
- Hard Disk: 50 MB of free hard disk space.
- Processor: Intel Pentium IV or higher.
- Any Video Converter Free for Windows and Mac
- XnView MP Image Viewer for Windows, Mac & Linux
- ImageMagick Free for Windows, Mac and Linux
- ScreenToGif Free & Open Source for Windows PC
- ImageGlass Free Image Viewing Software for Windows
- Corona Renderer Free for Windows 7/ 8/10/11 and Mac