Download Joplin Note-Taking Software Free & Open Source
Joplin is a free, open-source note-taking and task app for PC that can handle many organized notes on laptops. Notes are searchable and can be copied, tagged, and modified either directly from the apps or your text editor. Notes in Markdown format.
Notes can be synced with several cloud services, including Nextcloud / Dropbox / OneDrive / WebDAV or the file system (e.g., a network directory). When you sync notes, notebooks, tags, and other metadata are saved in plain text files that can be easily scanned, backed up, and transferred.
You can also import notes exported from Evernote via enex files into the Joplin app, including formatted content (which gets converted to Markdown), resources (images, attachments, etc.), and full metadata (geolocation, time updated, creation time, etc…). Simple Markdown files can also be imported.
- End-to-end encryption (E2EE)
- Desktop, mobile and terminal applications.
- Web Clipper for Firefox and Chrome.
- Import Enex and Markdown files (Evernote output formats).
- Record notes (reviews).
- Sync with several services, including Nextcloud / Dropbox / WebDAV / OneDrive.
- Move to any feature.
- Export JEX and raw files (Joplin Export format).
- Support notes, tasks, tags, and notebooks.
- Sort notes based on numerous parameters, such as title, updated time, and so on.
- Markdown notes, which are presented with images and formatting in desktop and mobile apps.
- Additional features such as arithmetic notation and checkboxes are supported.
- Alarms (notifications) are supported in mobile and desktop apps.
- Offline first, so that all data is always available on the device even when no internet connection is available.
- Support for file attachments – Images are shown, and other files are linked and can be viewed in the appropriate program.
- External Editor Support – Open notes in your favorite external editor with a single click in Joplin.
- Search function.
- Geolocation support.
- Supports multiple languages
- Available for Windows / Linux / macOS / Android / iOS (Terminal app also works on FreeBSD).
- To save web pages and screenshots from your browser, Web Clipper is also available for Firefox and Chrome browsers.
Download Joplin Note-Taking Software Free
Import from Evernote
Joplin is designed as an alternative to Evernote so that complete Evernote notebooks and notes, tags, resources (attached files), and notes metadata (such as author, geolocation, etc.) can be imported via ENEX files. In terms of data, the only two things that might differ slightly are:
✔ Identification Data – Evernote images, especially scanned (or photo) documents, contain identification data associated with them. It’s the text that Evernote was able to identify in the document. This data is not preserved when the note is imported into Joplin. However, if it becomes supported in the search tool or other parts of Joplin, it should be possible to recreate this identification data because the actual image will still be available.
✔ Color, font sizes, and faces – Evernote text is stored in HTML and converted to Markdown during the import process. For notes that are mostly plain text or base format (bold, italic, bullet points, links, etc.), this is a lossless conversion, and the note, once rendered to HTML, should be very similar. Imported tables are also transformed to Markdown tables.
📌 For very complex notes, some formatting data may be lost – especially colors, font sizes, and font faces will not be imported. However, the text itself is always completely imported regardless of the format. If it is necessary to keep this additional data, Joplin also allows importing of ENEX files in HTML format.
📌 To import Evernote data, first, export your Evernote notebooks to ENEX files. Then follow these steps:
✔ In the desktop app, open File > Import > ENEX and select your file. The notes will be exported to a new notebook. If necessary, it can be moved to a different notebook, or the notebook can be renamed, etc.
✔ In the terminal application, in command line mode, type import /path/to/file.enex. This will import the notes into a new notebook named with the file name.
- Category: Office Tools
- Program name: Joplin
- The latest version
- License: Open Source
- Program size: 158 MB
- Operating systems: Windows XP, 7/8/10, as well as Mac, Linux, Android, iOS, and others.
- Languages: Multilingual
- Developed by: Laurent Cozic
- Official website: joplinapp.org
- MiKTeX Free Open Source Download for Windows, Mac & Linux
- Freeplane Mind Mapping Software Free Download for Windows
- The Novel Factory Write Your Articles Step-by-Step for Free