FlightGear Download Flight Simulator Free Open Source
FlightGear is an open-source flight simulator PC program. It supports a variety of popular platforms (Windows, Mac, Linux, etc.) and is developed by a large group of professional volunteers from all over the world.
The aim of the project is to create a sophisticated and open flight simulation framework for use in research or academic settings, and to train pilots, as an industrial engineering tool, for DIY users to pursue an interesting flight simulation idea they have, and finally but definitely not. The least of which is a fun, realistic, and challenging desktop flight simulator.
FlightGear applies highly accurate models for the time of day with the sun, moon, stars, and planets positioned in the correct place for the exact time and date. It can track current computer clock time in order to correctly position the sun, moon, stars, etc. in their current and suitable position relative to the Earth. If it’s dawn in Sydney now, it’s now dawn as you mark your place in virtual Sydney. The sun, moon, stars, and planets follow their correct paths across the sky.
- Include more than 20,700 real-world airports in the complete scenery suite.
- Ramps (runways change height as they usually do in real life).
- Directional airport lighting smoothly changes intensity with changing the direction of the relative display.
- Worldwide terrain accuracy, based on recently released SRTM terrain data.
- Visible on major highways. This allows for realistic VFR night flights with the ability to identify towns and cities and follow routes.
- Correct runway markings and positioning, correct lane, and approach lighting.
- Taxi routes are available to many large airports (even including green line lights when applicable.)
- World Scene Fits 3 DVD.
- Accuracy of 3 arc seconds (about 90 meters spacing) for North and South America, Europe, Asia, Africa, and Australia.
- Scene boxes are split into pages (loaded or not loaded) in separate series to keep the frame rate to a minimum when you need to upload new regions.
- The scenery includes all vmap0 lakes, rivers, roads, railways, cities, towns, land cover, etc.
- Nice landscape nightlight with concentrated urban ground lighting (based on real maps) and headlights.
More advanced features
- You have the ability to design a variety of aircraft. You can fly a Wright Flyer 1903, a ‘ornithopters’ wing, a 747 and A320, a lot of military aircraft, and much more light aircraft.
- The app contains the infrastructure to allow aircraft designers to build fully mobile, fully functional, and fully interactive 3D cockpits (updated and displayed properly from outside stalker aircraft views.)
- FlightGear enables consumers and programmers to use various internal and external access methods to access a very broad range of indoor state variables.
- These state variables are organized into a convenient hierarchical ‘property’ tree.
✅ Also available for Mac and Linux
FlightGear Download Flight Simulator
- Category: Games
- Software name: FlightGear
- License: Freeware
- The latest version
- File size: 1.87 GB
- Core: 32/64-bits
- Operating systems: Windows 7, 8, 10, Mac, Linux, and other systems
- Languages: Multilingual
- Developer: FlightGear Team
- Official website: flightgear.org
- Ubisoft Uplay Service Free Download for Windows 32/64-bit
- Crossfire Free Best Fighting Game Download for Windows
- Subway Surfers Download Free Adventure and Strength Game