Download Basilisk Open-Source Browser for Windows 32/64-bit
Basilisk is a free and open-source XUL-based web browser with a Firefox-like interface and functions. It is based on the Goanna layout and rendering engine (a Gecko branch) and the XUL Unified Platform (UXP), which is a fork of the Mozilla symbol base that does not include Servo or Rust.
The application is a fully functional contemporary web browser. He wants to keep the helpful technology that Firefox took away from his sibling.
The browser is essentially a reference program for building the XUL platform on which it is based, as well as a prospective replacement for Firefox.
- It is applicable to all NPAPI plugins (Unity, Silverlight, Flash, Java, plugins, etc.).
- Supports XUL / Overlay Mozilla extensions.
- Web Extension Experiment Features (in gecko-target mode).
- Some Mozilla Web Extension APIs are still in the works.
- Linux provides ALSA support.
- It has Web Assembly support (WASM).
- Support for sophisticated graphite calligraphy is provided.
- Up to TLS 1.3, current codes, HSTS, and so forth.
- Download Basilisk Open-Source Browser for Windows.
Basilisk is a development program. This implies that it should be regarded as ‘beta’ at all times; it may include some faults and is offered as-is, with possible problems. It, like any other free software community effort, comes with no guarantee or commitment to any specific use. “Of course, we will try our best to deliver the most reliable and secure browser possible with every official release of Basilisk Browser 32/64-bit for PC.”
It should be emphasized that, as a result of the emphasis on platform development, the browser itself (application icon) will be delivered and kept mostly unchanged, with little modification or development to the user interface or browser front-end functionality. Some Firefox features may be disregarded as the platform advances; please do not expect this app to remain the same indefinitely.
Significant differences between Mozilla Firefox
- It is not necessary to have the signature of walled garden accessories.
- Goanna is used as a planning and presentation engine.
- It does not make use of electrolysis (e10s, multi-threaded browsing).
In certain areas, Goanna differs from Gecko, which may result in a different presentation of web pages. Download Basilisk Open-Source Browser.
- It has several well-known problems with fixing the Mozilla codebase (for example, CVE-2009-1232).
- Goanna adds colors in a more precise (non-pre-hitting) color space.
- Based on the in-development UXP and XUL platforms. Because XUL is still alive and thriving in this browser and will not be ignored.
- It does not make use of the rust or photon user interfaces. Because Firefox is loaded between versions 29 and v56, you should look forward to a similar UI.
- Category: Internet Browsers
- Software name: Basilisk
- License: Freeware
- Version: latest
- File size: 45.2 MB
- Operating systems: Windows 11, 10, 8, 7, Vista, and XP
- Languages: Multilanguage
- Developer: Moonchild Productions
- Official site: basilisk-browser.org
- S3 Browser Free for Windows, Mac and Linux
- Brave Browser for Windows, Mac and Android
- Google Chrome Internet Browser Latest Version
- CCleaner Browser Latest Free Version for PC
- New Google Update Will Make Web Browsing More Private
- SRWare Iron Browser Free Fast and Light