ClamAV Best Open Source Free Download Latest Version
lamAV is an open-source antivirus program to detect trojans, viruses, malware, and other harmful threats. ClamAV, an open-source (GPL) antivirus program for Windows computers used in a variety of situations including email scanning, web scanning, and endpoint security. It provides a number of utilities including a flexible and scalable multi-thread daemon, command line scanner, and an advanced automatic database update tool.
It includes a multi-threaded scanner daemon, command-line utilities for checking files on demand, and automatic signature updates. It supports multiple file formats, multiple signature languages. and archive unpacking, and multiple signature languages. Access to the app versions that work with your operating system. ClamAV Antivirus is an open-source standard for mail gateway scanning software.
Clam AntiVirus is an open-source (GPLv2) antivirus suite of tools specifically designed to check email on mail portals. It provides a number of utilities including a flexible and scalable multi-threaded daemon, command line scanner, and an advanced tool for automatic database updates.
Features of ClamAV
- ClamAV is designed to scan files quickly.
- Real-time protection (Linux only). Our hidden scanning software supports scanning at
- Access to modern versions of Linux, including the ability to block file access until the file is scanned.
- ClamAV detects more than a million viruses, worms, and Trojans, including
- Microsoft Office macro viruses, portable malware, and other threats.
- The built-in secondary code translator for ClamAV Signature Book allows creating and distributing highly complex detection procedures and improving remote scanner functionality.
- Milter interface for Sendmail
- An advanced database updating tool with support for programmed updates and digital signatures
- Built-in support for common document formats including MS Office, MacOffice, HTML,
- Flash, RTF, and PDF files
- Command-line scanner
- ClamAV Best Open Source Free Download
- The database of the virus updated many times a day
- Built-in support for ELF executables and portable executables packed with UPX / FSG,
- Petite / NsPack / wwpack32 / MEW / Upack / Opaque with SUE, Y0da Cryptor, and more
- Built-in support for all standard mail file formats
- Built-in support for many archive formats, including zip, RAR, Dmg, Tar, Gzip, Bzip2, OLE2,
- Cabinet, CHM, BinHex, SIS, and more
- Signed signature databases ensure that it implements only trusted signature definitions.
- ClamAV scans inside archives and zip files but also protects against archive bombs.
- Built-in archive extraction capabilities include:
- Zip (including sound effects)
- RAR (including sound effects)
- ARJ (including sound effects)
- Supports parsing of Windows executable files, also known as portable executables
(PE) is both 32/64 bit, including PE files that are compressed or deformed with:
- Supports ELF and Mach-O files (32-bit and 64-bit)
- Supports almost all mail file formats
- ClamAV Best Open Source Free Download
- Support for other special files/formats includes:
- Programming language
- Files encrypted with CryptFF and ScrEnc
- TNEF (winmail.dat)
- An advanced database updater with support for programmed updates, digital signatures, and issuance queries
- DNS-based database
Clam AntiVirus is incredibly cross-platform. The development team cannot test every operating system, so we chose to test ClamAV using the two most recent versions of Long Term Support (LTS) for each of the most popular desktop operating systems. Includes regularly tested operating systems.
Recommended system requirements
The minimum recommended system requirements are to use clamscan or clamd and clamdscan binaries with the standard ClamAV database provided by Cisco.
Minimum Recommended RAM:
- FreeBSD and Linux server version: 1GB +
- Linux non-server version: 2 GB +
- Windows 7 & 10 32-bit: 2GB +
- Windows 7 and 10 64-bit: 3 GB +
- MacOS: 3 GB +
Minimum Recommended CPU:
- FreeBSD and Linux systems: Single 2.0GHz + CPU
- Windows 7 and 10: 1 2.0GHz + CPU
- OSX: 2 2.0GHz + CPU
- Minimum available hard disk space is required.
⭐ Please note: Tests were conducted to determine minimum requirements on systems that were not running other applications. In case other applications are running on the system, additional resources will be required in addition to the recommended minimum.
⭐ ClamAV requires 5 GB of free space. Plus the recommended disk space for each operating system.
- Category: Antivirus
- Program name: ClamAV
- License: Trial
- The latest version
- File size: 33.5 MB
- Core: 32, 64 bytes
- Operating systems: Windows 7, 8, 10, and others
- Languages: Multilingual
- Developer: Cisco Systems, Inc
- Official website: clamav.net
ClamAV Best Open Source Free Download
- Avira Server Security 2021 Cloud-Based Protection
- AVG Rescue USB 2021 Free for Windows 32/64-bit
- Avast Premium Security 2021 Free for Windows