Download MKVToolNix Open Source for Windows, Mac & Linux
MKVToolNix is a program that includes a large set of tools (mkvmerge, mkvinfo, mkvextract, mkvpropedit, mmg) that allow you to manipulate Matroska (MKV) files in a variety of ways. MKVToolNix can be used to create, split, edit, mux, demux, merge, extract, and scan Matroska files.
The app also supports additional video formats (AVI / MPEG / MP4 / MPEG / Ogg / OGM / RealVideo / MPEG1 / 2 / h264 / AVC / Dirac / VC1), as well as some video codecs (for example, supporting the VP9 video codec – playback from IVF/Matroska/WebM files, extract IVF files).
Most audio formats (AAC, FLAC, MP2 MP3(E), AC3 / DTS / DTS-HD / Vorbis / RealAudio) and subtitle formats (SRT / PGS / SUP / VobSub ASS / RealAudio/ SSA, etc.) are supported.
MKVToolNix is a cross-platform application that works on both 32 and 64-bit versions of Windows, as well as Mac and Linux. You can get it from the program’s main page using the direct link at the end of this explanation!
Features and New Tools
- It has a completely user-friendly interface.
- The Drag and Drop method is also used by the Add button.
- The ‘Start Muxing’ button performs all of the processes quickly and magically.
- There are numerous other command-line utilities (example: mkvinfo).
- To access all of Windows’ command-line utilities, open a Command Prompt window.
- Click the Start button, then click Search Programs and Files (Windows and Vista) or run (Windows XP and others), and type ‘cmd’ or ‘Command Prompt’ into the search box (without the quotes).
- Each program (mkvmerge, mkvinfo, mkvextract, mkvpropedit) can be tried by entering its name and usage parameters. For instance,’mkvinfo —help’ will display a list of all available commands. Download MKVToolNix Open Source.
- Mkvinfo ‘mkvinfo -g’ displays a small interface that allows you to open an MKV file and view various technical details about it.
- You can also save the results in TXT format.
- Run the mkvmerge GUI (Program Interface) instance directly from the command prompt. Simply type’mmg’ and press the ‘Enter’ key.
- Find and read the online documentation on the MKVToolNix documentation homepage: (use the links for mkvmerge/mkvinfo/mkvextract/mkvpropedit/mmg to access online help).
- In minutes, you’ll learn how to use several key features!
- It takes more time to master the program. Your best bet is to try all of its options, and if you need assistance, visit our FAQ section!
- Begin with the mkvmerge GUI guide and work your way through the documentation for all of the other tools!
- If you work with MKV files, MKVToolNix is a must-have. It has many features that are not listed on the main page.
- Software name: MKVToolNix
- Category: Photos Editing Software
- License: Open Source
- File size: 20.18 MB
- Core: 64/32-bits
- Languages: Supports many languages
- Developed by: Moritz Bunkus
- Official website: mkvtoolnix.download′
Minimum System Requirements
Check for the following system resources while running the program
- Operating System: Windows 11/10/8.1/8/7/Vista/XP/Mac, Linux, and others
- Memory (RAM): 2 GB or higher.
- Hard Disk: 50 MB of free hard disk space.
- Processor: Intel Pentium IV or higher.
- FFmpeg Free Open Source for Windows, Mac & Linux
- Any Video Converter Free for Windows and Mac
- XnView MP Image Viewer for Windows, Mac & Linux
- ImageMagick Free for Windows, Mac and Linux
- ScreenToGif Free & Open Source for Windows PC
- ImageGlass Free Image Viewing Software for Windows